Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Owen Wilson: Love Child???


I like Owen Wilson. Such a nice young man. One can't help but want to hang out with him and want the best for him. He has not done much in the way of acting, but he is humorous and amiable in a Van Johnson kind of way. I think his career would get a shot in the arm if he would walk away from the sweet, clever, "lite" movies that he always seems to be cast in, and do a drama. So who's willing to take a chance on him? 

So I go to visit my friend, agent Syd Wasserstein, and light a fire. "Syd," I say, "How is it that no one in Hollywood has ever picked up on the fact that Owen Wilson looks and sounds like the son of Dennis Hopper?" I'm dead serious. I've even got Syd on the edge of his seat, as the realization hits him. I mean, not only do they bear a physical resemblance to each other -- even the nose, but their vocal delivery is so similar. I begin to speculate a "winter of love" motorcycle trip, wherein Hopper rides to Forth Worth in 1968, and ends up having a torrid one-night-stand with the 23 year old Laura Cunningham (later Wilson). How else could one explain these blatant similarities?

The point is: someone needs to come up with a father/son vehicle for these two. An intense drama in which both could turn up the heat and maybe Hopper would finally win the acting Oscar that has eluded him and Owen would get some respect. And please, could someone do a DNA test and put me out of my curious misery? 

No comments:

Post a Comment